If you are interested in speaking at our monthly meeting, submit your topic idea here. AgileIndy meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6pm EST.
Since March 2020, we have shifted to a virtual platform and most of our speakers present via AgileIndy's zoom. Our typical virtual meeting usually see attendance of 40-60 members. Our sessions typically start at 6pm EST and include a few minutes of Welcome/intro slides from the board, with the speaker usually lasting from 615pm EST to 715pm EST, followed by few minutes of closing announcements.
We welcome a variety of topics from Agile and Scrum Values to Practical Application, Organizational Agility, Transformation/Change Management, Product Management, and all things related to Agile. We encourage exercises using breakout rooms and tools such as Mural, Miro, etc. and are happy to provide support in facilitating breakouts, etc.
Typically, we do book our speakers a few months ahead of schedule so that we can sufficiently market our speakers and events ahead of time in order to maximize attendance and participation. If we are interested in your topic, we will reach at as we are looking to fill speaker slots for each month to find out your availability for the months we are looking to fill.
Once you have been confirmed as a speaker, we do ask you to register for your session at www.agileindy.org in order to receive the zoom link for your session. All AgileIndy meetups start at 6pm EST time and we will ask the speaker to log in by 540pm EST for a sound and tech check and to meet the board before the session starts.
Thank you in advance for your submission! Our Agile Community values you!
As always, if you have questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Long and Agile on!
AgileIndy Board of Directors
AgileIndy 2023 will take place on Friday, September 22, 2023 at the 502 East Event Centre in Carmel, Indiana.
The submission window will open on December 15, 2022, and will close on April 30th, 2023 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
AgileIndy 2023 Call for Speakers
The AgileIndy Conference is Indianapolis’ everything Agile event with something for everyone – from those beginning their Agile journey to advanced Agile practitioners and everyone in between. The conference speakers are chosen by a team of individuals with one goal in mind: to create a lineup with a diverse combination of speakers, topics, tracks, and levels of experience because after all, everyone learning about Agile is at different stages of the journey. We are committed to attracting and selecting a highly diverse set of speakers and encourage all genders, races, ages, and ethnicities to submit. We also know that some of the best lessons come from those not on conference speaking tours; therefore, we welcome speakers with varying presentation experience. If you have a valuable story to tell or lesson to share with our community of Agilists, we want to hear from you!
To help make this as easy as possible, below we have outlined the submission process, selection process, and timeline. If you have any questions, please email the speaker selection team at Speakers@agileindy.org.
Creating Your Submission
Submitters can create their session in the submission system. Not all fields are required for completion, however; the more details included will give the selection team a better idea of your content and style. If at any time you have questions about your submission or are in need to make updates to your topic, please reach out to the speaker selection team at Speakers@agileindy.org. You may submit up to three sessions, regardless if you are the primary or secondary submitter. A submitter will not have more than two sessions accepted.
Tips for creating an eye-grabbing submission:
- Title: Start with a great title, which is meaningful to your topic. This is what will grab the attention of our attendees. Positive focused words are encouraged.
- Abstract: (long)This is the marketing aspect for your session. What is the problem that you are going to help your attendees solve? What learning outcomes can your attendees expect to walk away with? This section will help attendees understand what to expect at your session and decide if it is valuable for them to attend. (Short) This is the abstract that will be shared with attendees and is limited in length.
- Learning Objectives: A list of clear learning outcomes is critical to a great submission. What will your attendees take away from your session? Attendees will not see this, so it is also helpful to fit your learning outcomes in the abstract.
- Format: This year we have the options of submitting 45 minute presentations, 90 minute workshops, or 15 minute lightning rounds. You also have the option of selecting another format and explaining by selecting “Other.”
- Session Track: Tell us the tracks that best describes your topic. Tracks to consider include: roles, practices, advanced/beginner, leadership, transformation, etc.
- Presenter Bio: A paragraph that tells the attendee about you. This paragraph will be shared on our website, so please write in third person (“Bob Jones is an Agile Coach with 20 years of experience…”). This paragraph is your marketing brand and tells the audience why they want to hear this topic from you and what experience and expertise you have to share. Along with your experience and professional background, feel free to add a few personal details about yourself as well to help the audience get to know you better.
- Presentation History: Tell us your story with specifics. Help us understand your speaking style. Provide link(s) to a video clip of you presenting, as this information can be helpful to the speaker selection team.
- City/State: Tell us your home base location
- Headshot: Please add an appropriate headshot that you want published.
- Social Media: Please add your Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts so that we can tag you in posts marketing you as a speaker.
The speaker selection team wants to thank all submitters. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your submission(s), and thank you for your contributions to the agile community. If at any time you wish to have feedback from the speaker selection team, please reach out to us at Speakers@agileindy.org and expect for us to get back to you within 72 hours.
Timeline: The submission system is open for a total of 10 weeks. During this 2 month time frame, the speaker committee will continuously review all sessions and notify speakers before our May 30th close date. Please see the timeline below for exact details.
- Call for speakers opens December 15th
- Call for speakers closes April 30th
- All speakers will be notified on or before May 30th
- Speaker commitment/acceptance contracts will be due no later than June 30th.
- Final line-up announced no later than August 1st.